In the absence of any specially agreed conditions, confirmed in writing, the following standard Terms & Conditions of Redditch Paving and Landscapes (RPL Trading) shall apply to all schemes and contracts undertaken by the company. Any disputes within the United Kingdom will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
1. All quotations are given on the basis of a 30-day acceptance period after which time the quotation may be subject to change.
2. Currently we are not VAT registered so no VAT is included in your quote.
Once we become VAT registered, Quoted rates are subject to VAT, at the prevalent rate, unless the quotation clearly states that prices are inclusive of VAT.
3. Quotations are given on the basis of free access to the relevant site through pre-arranged agreement.
4. If required, and upon mutual arrangement, the customer agrees to accept site delivery of the specialist stone and resins, required for the scheme, prior to the commencement of the works.
5. Whilst every effort will be made to confirm the suitability of the surface to be treated, RPL Trading cannot be held responsible for the on-going structural or matrix condition of existing surfaces, or new surfaces laid by others, onto which any finish is applied. Additionally, RPL Trading cannot be held responsible for any possible sub-surface deformation on existing surfaces, subsequently overlaid with its resin bonded coating, due to the reaction of historic diesel and oil spillages under extremely hot temperatures.
Underlying issues or problems that arise once we have started any project that RPL Trading was either not made aware of prior to starting and is not included in any quote will be priced and added to the original quote. Any price changes due to these reasons will be agreed before any work continues.
6. Any specialist resin bonded surface laid by RPL Trading will follow the profile of the underlying surface and it is the customer’s responsibility to inform RPL Trading of any existing and unwanted pooling prior to the application of the specialist resin coating. Whilst every effort will be taken to remove any reported pooling, RPL Trading accept no responsibility for standing water or other drainage issues on existing surfaces or new surfaces laid by others.
7. With regard to schemes where new construction or design changes are required, and whilst RPL Trading will endeavour to accurately estimate areas of work within its formal quotation, the scheme may be subject to a final measure with unit rates adjusted accordingly in order to properly represent the completed scope of works.
8. All materials remain the property of RPL Trading until payment for the quoted scheme is paid in full.
RPL Trading retains the right to access the site / property and to remove or reclaim these laid materials from site in the event that full payment for the completed scheme is not received.
9. In the absence of prior agreement, formalised in writing, payment for completed works will be due immediately upon completion of the quoted scheme and, in any event, no longer than 7 days following the same. In situations where we need to install a scheme in stages, where new surfacing works are required to fully cure thus resulting in a delay of more than 2 weeks, the customer agrees to pay an interim invoice of 50% of the formal quotation within 7 days from date of interim invoice.
RPL Trading guarantees all materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months following installation provided that payment for the relevant project has been paid in full.
Late payment and failure to pay any invoice within 7 days of completion will result in a forfeit the guarantee.
Our guarantee does not cover sub-surface issues unless the underlying substrate was constructed and installed by RPLTrading or other situations affecting any surface that are outside the reasonable control of RPL Trading.
We reserve the right to exclude certain work from our guarantee. Work excluding from the standard guarantee includes any project where the customer is responsible for the upkeep of the work once installation has finished i.e. Turfing.
Any work carried out where an existing/current or historical underlying issue has been present are are also excluded. i.e groundwork / drainage.
Any work that has been subject to neglect and lack of suitable upkeep is excluded from any guarantee.
In the majority of projects a booking fee of £200 is required at the time of booking. The booking fee will secure the date of your booking and will secure your place in our diary. Failure to pay the £200 means we can move the date forward or backwards to accomodate other customers that have paid the booking fee.
The booking fee is non refundable.
The booking fee is non refundable. In a situation where a project is cancelled the booking fee will not be returned. The booking fee will cover our time for providing a quotation and administration involved in booking etc.
All projects under £10,000 are subject to a 50% payment prior to work commencing. The balance is due on completion.
For projects abbove £10,000 a deposit will be required with staged payments over an agreed period and time leaving a balance to pay on completion.
- i.e. For a project costing £20,000 estimated four weeks.
- £7,0000 deposit
- £4,000 at the end of each week for the first 2 weeks.
- £5,000 balance to be paid on completion.
Material cost – Price increases
Price increases in materials can increase quickly. All quotes are worked out on the current prices. If we are facing any significant price increases it will ultimately increase the price of the quote / project by the difference.