In the absence of any specially agreed conditions, confirmed in writing, the following standard Terms & Conditions of Redditch Driveways Limited. shall apply to all schemes and contracts undertaken by the company. Any disputes within the United Kingdom will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
Redditch Paving & Landscapes (RPL) is a trading style of Redditch Driveways Limited (RDL).
1. All quotations are given on the basis of a 30-day acceptance period after which time the quotation may be subject to change.
1 a. The Customer has the right to cancel agreed work within 14 days of accepting a quote verbally or in writing, if the Works have not yet started. If Works have commenced before the end of the 14 days cooling off period the Works must be settled in full.
2. All prices unless stated are inclusive of VAT, payable at the current rate.
Our VAT registration number is GB 429485461.
3. Quotations are given on the basis of free access to the relevant site through pre-arranged agreement.
4. If required, and upon mutual arrangement, the customer agrees to accept site delivery of the specialist stone and resins, required for the scheme, prior to the commencement of the works.
- Whilst every effort is made to make sure surfaces are suitable, if there is a problem that was not obvious before work commences including underlying issues Redditch Driveways Ltd cannot be held responsible.
Additionally, Redditch Driveways Ltd cannot be held responsible for any possible sub-surface deformation on existing surfaces, subsequently overlaid with any resin bound / bonded coating, due to the reaction of historic diesel and oil spillages under extremely hot temperatures.
6. Any specialist resin bonded surface laid by RDL will follow the profile of the underlying surface and it is the customer’s responsibility to inform RDL of any existing and unwanted pooling prior to the application of the specialist resin coating. Whilst every effort will be taken to remove any reported pooling, RDL accepts no responsibility for standing water or other drainage issues on existing surfaces or new surfaces laid by others.
7. With regard to schemes where new construction or design changes are required, and whilst RDL will endeavour to accurately estimate areas of work within its formal quotation, the scheme may be subject to a final measure with unit rates adjusted accordingly in order to properly represent the completed scope of works.
8. All materials remain the property of RDL until payment for the quoted scheme is paid in full.
If access is available, RDL retains the right to access the site / property and to remove or reclaim these laid materials from site in the event that full payment for the completed scheme is not received.
9. In the absence of prior agreement, formalised in writing, payment for completed works will be due immediately upon completion of the quoted scheme and, in any event, no longer than 7 days following the same. In situations where we need to install a scheme in stages, where new surfacing works are required to fully cure thus resulting in a delay of more than 2 weeks, the customer agrees to pay an interim invoice of 50% of the formal quotation within 7 days from date of interim invoice.
Variations & Additions
All additional work, variations or alterations requested beyond those outlined in the original “job specification” must be requested in writing to the Project Manager and will be subject to separate payment and be charged as required. Site personnel have no authority to alter the contract in any way.
Any variations or additional work agreed with any site personnel other than the Project Manager or carried out without the knowledge and approval of the Project Manager, except in an emergency, may result in the termination of Works by the Contractor. All emergency works must be reported to the Project Manager at the earliest opportunity.
Additional price changes will be required which will be agreed in writing before work commences.
RDL guarantees all materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months following installation provided that payment for the relevant project has been paid in full.
Late payment and failure to pay any invoice within 7 days of completion will result in a forfeit the guarantee.
Our guarantee does not cover sub-surface issues unless the underlying substrate was constructed and installed by RDL or other situations affecting any surface that are outside the reasonable control of RDL. This does not affect your statutory rights.
We reserve the right to exclude certain work from our guarantee. Work excluding from the standard guarantee includes any project where the customer is responsible for the upkeep of the work once installation has finished i.e. Turfing.
Any work carried out where an existing/current or historical underlying issue has been present are are also excluded. i.e groundwork / drainage.
Any work that has been subject to neglect and lack of suitable upkeep is excluded from any guarantee.
To get booked into our work diary we require a non-refundable booking fee of £200.
The booking fee covers the cost of work undertaken to provide the quotation and any administration work required to get booked into our work diary.
The booking fee will secure the next available slot in our diary.
Any dates given at the time of booking or paying the booking fee are always estimated dates. Delays are often experienced due to many reasons beyond our control including but limited to weather, additional work on a project or other unforeseen circumstances.
If we experience a delayed on any project unfortunately it impacts all other work in our diary and we have to push back all ensuing projects.
All projects under £10,000 are subject to a 50% payment prior to work commencing. The balance is due on completion.
For projects abbove £10,000 a deposit will be required with staged payments over an agreed period and time leaving a balance to pay on completion.
- i.e. For a project costing £20,000 estimated four weeks.
- £7,000 deposit
- £4,000 at the end of each week for the first 2 weeks.
- £5,000 balance to be paid on completion.
Material cost – Price increases
Price increases in materials can increase quickly. All quotes are worked out on the current prices. If we are facing any significant price increases it will ultimately increase the price of the quote / project by the difference.
As a company we are committed to providing a quality service to its clients and working in an open
and accountable way that builds trust and respect from all our clients. One of the ways in which we
can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our clients, and in
particular by responding positively to complaints. Click here to view our complaints procedure.
Terms & Conditions updated: 18 October 2023